So for the last few hours I have been working on my # 8 controller. It was the controller directly after the one that melted down… is that why something is wrong? I dunno. But I can say that I have been talking to people on the D-Light forums and working on the board as I went from my computer to the garage and back several times. At one point I was taking needle nose pliers to pull the rs485 IC chip off and put another back on, as I was looking for the flashing red LED… was like playing “Operation” 🙂 Bottom line is that after checking several things, doing things I didn’t feel comfortable with cause I have never done it… IT’S ALIVE! Evidently, the rs485 chip was bad, so after borrowing one from another board to test it, it worked! So on Friday I need to check an electronics store in town to see if they happen to have an rs485’s. If not, I will have to order some in, which will probably take a week to get it, so I am hoping to go live by December 4th.

I still have 1 more board to troubleshoot, but lets hope its just the rs485 that went bad on it as well cause that would be a relatively easy fix…